Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Puppy Truck

Today was P-day--the day our puppy was to arrive on the puppy truck! The kids could hardly wait. But they did have to wait for about half an hour after we got to the drop-off site. Justin made excellent use of the time with some parked paving equipment. Grace was bored and kept asking me when I thought the truck would get there. Spencer was quiet, as usual.




And then it came! Pretty unmistakable with those cute puppies on the side.

Puppy club die-hards waiting to greet the truck even though only Spencer and one other girl were getting puppies this time.

Then they gave us this! Meet Cal (because he's from California). He's 10 weeks old and cute as can be!



So far...he's eaten, explored, peed on the carpet three or four times, peed where he's supposed to three or four times and taken some naps. Now he's asleep in his crate and we'll see just how long his bladder can go at night. Oh, boy.

6 comments:

  1. what a cute dog. I hope he behaves himself for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so cute! Picture our golden Gabe at that age. He's now 18 months. Yesterday while I was gone, the UPS man delivered a small box of special chocolates I'm sending with my book for a marketing gimmick. Gabe came up on the porch and carried it around trying to open it and sneak chocolates before I got home. He'll be a puppy for a couple more years! I'm big on clicker training. Dinah's the poster girl for that. Have so much fun!! Puppies are so hard to resist and now that I know about a puppy club...!!! But your kids are way cuter than puppies. That's who I'm ooooing over in your pics. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's just a lucky thing that Gabe got to the chocolates first and not some of your bear neighbors, Julie! We have to use Guide Dog approved methods for training, but maybe someday they'll get in on the clicker thing. Cal is getting better every day at doing what he should, when and where he should be doing it. And ooh and ahh over the photos of the kids all you like! We think they're cuter than the puppies, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete