Grace has asked for a Butterscotch Pony for Christmas for at least the past 3 years to no avail. This time, she pulled out the big guns.
"I don't think Santa's real. I think it's just you and Dad and you won't get me a Butterscotch Pony because they're too expensive. If Santa was real he could just make one."
So that's what it boiled down to this year for Grace. No amount of "Santa brings you what he knows you'll like best in the end" or "Why do you want a Butterscotch Pony when you get to ride REAL HORSES every Friday?" would satisfy her. No Butterscotch Pony = No Santa. You do the math.
Lo and behold, what showed up Christmas morning? You guessed it! Santa lives on, and he was very good to us this year. Ho ho ho!
And Butterscotch wasn't all...
Real tools!
COngratulations on your new pans! We got new pans 2 years ago. Isn't it amazing how pans wither away? :)
ReplyDeleteFun Christmas post! Love all the pictures. You always make the best meals! Glad you got those new pans. :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a great Christmas! Grace looked very happy with Butterscotch and I couldn't help but enjoy the treats/horse calendars and fun stuff in the background! Oh to be a kid again!
ReplyDeleteRachel
Nothing like a little coercion to get things moving, right? I'm glad Santa came through!
ReplyDeleteI love the story about Grace and Butterscotch. Thank heaven Santa really does exist or you guys would have been in a tough spot! I am envious of your new pots and pans.. If you find some are missing after I visit you, think nothing of it.
ReplyDelete