Monday, August 3, 2009

24th of July













For the 24th of July we do basically the same things we do on the 4th--swim, barbecue at the Ivies' and light off fireworks.  But this year there was one exception--glow sticks!  The kids spent a good hour running around with those things seeing what cool effects they could come up with in the dark.  What a great idea Grandma!  Next year you can save yourselves a hundred bucks and invest it in glow sticks instead.  They last longer and are much safer anyway.  Who knew?  Still, I don't think the boys would want to give up a legitimate reason to play with fire entirely.  And no, that's not a crazy neighbor preaching to us, it's my crazy dad, trying to make out the words to "Utah, We Love Thee" by firework-light.  It wouldn't be an Ivie get together without a song sung out of key and with only half the words.  Happy 24th!

1 comment:

  1. I laughed when I saw your dad with that book! He is so funny. We always got a kick out of your dad! Glow sticks are a great idea!!! Looks like a fun celebration.
    By the way, do you make homemade tortillas like your mom??? Yes--its off subject but I remember how good they were!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete