Spencer gets mad at me when I don't wake him up by 7:30 a.m. because it ruins his "schedule". But, just to keep me on my toes, if he gets up on his own, he likes to sneak around getting ready for school and if I should chance to see him before he's done he falls to pieces. So, I have to carefully check the crack under his door for a sliver of light to see if he's still asleep or not. If it's dark, I can tell him to get up, but I have to hurry out of there to avoid being grumped at for not waking him up sooner and also for waking him up at all (it's a double-edged sword). If the light is on, I hurry back upstairs so he won't see that I've discovered him. If he's made it upstairs before I get up, I have to pretend I don't know he's around (though he's pretty good at hiding now).
Grace is the one that obsesses about being on time. Every morning after we get in the car to go to school she asks, "Are we late?" I've started answering her before she even asks. Granted, we are always hurrying out the door, so I explained that I hurry them to PREVENT them from being late. Still, she asks every morning and any time we're on our way to some time sensitive event...birthday parties, church, dance class etc. What can I say, life with kids is very entertaining.
Oh, and I promise I will put more photos on here when I can find a camera...with batteries that work.

Such delicate manuevering, being a mom!
ReplyDelete