Thursday, April 9, 2009
Sorry You Asked
My sister-in-law asked me how my Conference weekend went. This was my reply: Conference weekend was good and bad, how was yours? It was nice not having to conduct anything or pass around any sign-up sheets or worry that an instructor hadn't shown up. I do wish the kids would listen better the couple of times we make them actually sit still on the couch and pay attention, which is only when the prophet is speaking. They tend to make a lot of noise and argue whenever we insist on it, so it's almost not worth the effort by the time they're all crabby and Darrel and I have lost our tempers. Do your kids listen to it all? I'm sad to say I actually TiVoed the afternoon session of conference (but haven't yet watched it) because I was cleaning my house. Yes, that's me, the R.S. pres., just trying to set a good example. Rats. I wouldn't normally have put that much effort into cleaning on the Sabbath--just tidied up and vacuumed the living room since Lindsey and Stew were coming, but Justin spilled half a bottle of vanilla on the kitchen floor during lunch and it went EVERYWHERE and it was sticky. So, I ended up having to move all the chairs out and have Darrel replace the little pads on the bottom of them while I mopped the floor. I also had to scrub the toilet...two-year olds don't have the best aim. It's nice to have a clean kitchen and bathroom, I just wish it wasn't at the expense of my eternal salvation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment